Freda's coat is starting to come together now. I start to show the dramatic lighting by beginning work on the blinds, plus her shadow. She is relieved to actually have a place to sit now!
Freda now has a complete coat, except for the fact that it is a bit light. I'll accent that more later. At this point, I wanted to start to tie in the background to her, so I started building up the window sill with a combination of an HB woodless pencil and a 2H.
Freda in window, update number three. I defined the chest area by lightly shading the sunbeam area on the window. Part of the window sill can be recognized now, and I have also deepened the body, and darkened parts of Freda’s head and side. Again, at this point, I am using a 2H woodless pencil and an HB pencil.
Freda in window, update number two. I began by defining the head and body with a 2H woodless pencil, followed by a light covering of a HB pencil.
I have just started my latest graphite drawing, “Freda in the Window.” This is a rough sketch to get the placement and composition situated on the paper.