Painting “Shimmering Solitude,” step 7: I slowly worked up the reflections, and enhanced all areas of the painting a bit. It’s done! I’ll upload a much better picture once the paint dries a bit more. I just wanted to make sure I completed this step-by-step series.
It’s also available. Just drop me a note if you are interested. Thanks for reading!
What do you think? Let me know in the comments below!
Painting “Shimmering Solitude,” step 6: I accentuated the darks, and I have begun defining the bow by adding some contrast in the harbor. Keeping it loose, I dabble some general shapes into the horizon below the skyline. Next, I will get serious about the reflections (one of my favorite subjects to paint).
How am I doing? Let me know in the comments below!
Sorry I neglected to give you some attention on the blog, Freda. 🙂
Although I like the texture that my illustration board is producing, I am interested in using another paper texture for my next graphite drawing. J. D. Hilberry recommends Arches 140-lb. hot press watercolor paper. He says to use the reverse side of the watermark.
My fifth and final update of my drawing of an 1860s-era steam locomotive, 4-4-0 configuration. I am excited that a revival of sorts has been taking place in restoring some of these workhorses of our country’s past. The Leviathan, number 63, is one of these projects I have been following. In fact, I modeled this drawing after it.
David H. Kloke has lovingly created this locomotive over a 10-year period. From his website:
Of David’s many accomplishments through the years, the Leviathan63 is his pride and joy. His “hobby” took him 10 years to create and it “WOWS” everyone who sees and hears it. The Leviathan63 is truly a beautiful sight!
With the help of many a non-profit organization has been created named Historic Railroad Equipment Assoc. Through donations he hopes to rebuild and replicate several historic railroad equipment for educational purposes. He can make this possible with donations from people like you.
My update of a drawing I am working on of an 1860s-era steam locomotive, 4-4-0 configuration. I began defining the cowcatcher, headlamp and funnel, blending each with a combination of a 2B pencil, a 2H pencil, and a 6B pencil. I am not really a big fan of blending stumps, although I have used them in the past. I will probably use them again when I work on my series of portraits I have planned.